Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: story from a toy show visit.....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member chaserfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    12,399
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    today was the toy show they have quite often her in Mo.

    in the first aisle I go down I see a Darth Maul Unleashed for 5 bucks, open but in good shape. and right next to it is a Red Skull for 25 bucks. thinking I cant jump at the first thing, I should look a couple more aisle and go back and get them, maybe even barter them. well when I go back, the dude says he sold them to the guy that was standing next to me. and the Darth went for 2 bucks. I was stunned.

    so I walk around and find lots of booths with open figures. find a couple alien figs($1ea), a white, full masked Exo Skeleton, mint ($2) and some Toy Biz one eyed green dude with giant suction cup fingers and toes($1). the wife got an antenna topper thats the ghost dog from Nightmare ($1) and finally I get a moc exclusive abe from hellboy for 8 bucks!

    there were tons of great toys this time. rare ml variants ie Goliath, Red Skull etc. I even saw the new line of ML with the new Punisher, Dead Pool and others! you name it it was there.

    so here's the bad part. I was looking through some toys at a booth. I pick up a blue shopping bag chucked full of spiderman. I think they must have them seperate because they want more than the other loose toys and put it down. I get about 3 aisles over and they announce a 5 year old boy lost his bag of spiderman figs. I drop what I was looking at and run back over to grab it. its gone. no where to be seen. they begged over and over on the p.a. to return them unquestioned to the kid. no one does. assholes. I'm bummed I didnt pick it up and relize someone lost it and turned it in.

    so the wife goes outside and leaves me 10 bucks to get something. I have in mind the Spawn Board game mint in wrapper I saw or some other figure or two. go over to check out the game and on the way is a kid and the guy talking on the p.a. and the kids dad. I ask if he's the kid that lost out. dad says yes. I told them I'm sorry and I saw the bag etc. the kids like kindergarten age. we talk a bit on how people suck for doing that. I hand the kid my last 10 bucks and tell him to find some more on me. with no more money, I leave. but I leave feeling good and hoping the kid and his dad doesnt think all people in the world suck.

    anyway, thats my toy show day.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Guitardeth2's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That was cool of you chase. not many people like you left in this world, to bad you didn't hear that earlier.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Moviemaniac4's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    11,803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Cool

    Damm dude !!!!

    Now you won't go to HELL anymore....

    You are going up, uuuppppp in the sky [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member madadman's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,558
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Meh. The kid will probably just use the money to buy booze. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Seriously, that was a really nice thing to do. I've often had kids go crazy when they see the toy I'm buying. I've let some one-of-a-kinds go if the kid really wanted it. Make's you feel good. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 316what's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2003
    Posts
    2,830
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Class act from a classy guy.

    I did a similar thing in TRU about a month ago. I had a $10 gift certificate but couldn't find anything. There was some kid, about 8-9 yrs old, in the toy aisle with his father. He was having trouble deciding between 2 figures but his dad said he could only have 1 'cuz that's all the allowance he had. So I give him the gift certificate and got some strange looks from him and the father. After the initial shock wore off, they both thanked me.

    Then I check the last aisle on my way out and spot a JLA Darkseid. But I passed on it since I gave away the gift certificate, lol. But I did feel good about doing that for a few days.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member blackrhyno's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2004
    Posts
    277
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a heck of a nice guy. An ta think you thought the world hated you. You made that kids day, an you are all the better for it!
    It's not often anymore that a complete stranger will help out someone they don't know.
    Great job Chaser.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Slytherin Snape's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    3,650
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Originally posted by 316what:
    Class act from a classy guy.

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">clap

    Absolutely!! Just goes to show what a good person you are Brian that even with all you've got on your mind you still thought of that little guy first. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2,837
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What toy show in MO. Why have I not heard of this??? where when is the next and how much to get in. Damn it. Tell me!!!!!!!


    please

  9. #9
    Toy Warrior
    Guest Toy Warrior's Avatar

    1st class my friend! [img]cool.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Dolphinstardust's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2004
    Posts
    260
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're top shelf chaser!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Your karma levels are going through the roof right now!! Time for you to get some back!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •